Juniper Unmanned seeking qualified UAV operators for enterprise client projects
|Position Title: Field Operations Technician|
|Department: UAS Operations and Training|
|Reports to: Aviation Operations Manager|
|Location: United States – Colorado – Greater Denver Area|
|Travel Required: Yes, 50% – 75%, CONUS and OCONUS|
|Employment type: Full-time employment|
The Field Operations Technician works with the Field Sensor Technician, in a two-person team. The Field Operations Technician is responsible for conducting flight with an appropriate unmanned aircraft system in a skilled, responsible, safe, and compliant manner. They take direction from the Aviation Operations Manager who provides all information needed to accomplish a mission.
- Represent the company with a professional, positive, can-do attitude.
- Maintain a level of readiness and in-depth knowledge on the unmanned aircraft systems being used by Juniper Unmanned.
- Maintain the appropriate certifications and qualifications necessary for the operations performed by the company.
- Custodian the equipment owned or operated by the company by keeping it secure, safe, and treating it responsibly.
- Conduct flight in a manner that serves the customer requirements and deliver the data to the appropriate personnel at Juniper Unmanned after flight.
- Enter and maintain personal and company flight records into the Juniper Unmanned flight logging system.
- Operate GPS and ground control equipment as necessary for data collection verification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong sense of command
- Attention to detail in all programs and events
- Good mechanical aptitude and skills
- Ability to interface with multiple people and maintain personal relationships
- Critical thinker
- Creative problem solver
- Serve Juniper clients with a positive and constructive attitude
- Part 107 certificate or the ability to obtain it before starting work.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of flight, FAA and ICAO regulations, sensor operations, and crew resource management.
- Understands proper checklist, manual, and SOP use and integration.
- Demonstrate competency in operational logistics and UAS field operations.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understands record management, flight log management, maintenance log management, and training folder requirements.
- Successful completion of a background check
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in related field. One (1) year of directly related experience will be considered, in lieu of formal education.
- GIS knowledge and experience.
- Previous experience with RC or UAS operations.
- Understands the full spectrum integration of UAS operations to include Flight planning, compliance, flight coordination, risk mitigation, and flight operations.
- Understands FAA, ICAO, and host-country policies and regulations.
- Commensurate with education, experience, activities and responsibilities.
About Juniper Unmanned:
Juniper Unmanned is a team of experienced aviation, technical and business professionals dedicated to implementing safe, effective and compliant unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) programs for enterprise clients. Juniper is an equal opportunity employer.
This job listing is offered by the name corporation listed herein and is an independent organization based in Colorado.