Our complete drone educational package includes: Instructor Guide, digital curriculum download and supplies for 12 days of activities!
Save on your purchase with our our discount code at checkout!
Take to the skies with mini drones! Housing a thrilling, hands-on aerial robotics platform, this 12-day camp is the perfect introduction to the world of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
In this indoor camp, safety is a priority as students learn to fly in first-person view (FPV), exploring the real-world applications of drones.
In Ready, Set, Drone! Camp students go through Droneology, the online drone education platform, master basic piloting skills, construct an obstacle course to fly through and stage a final race to showcase their cumulative knowledge.
Putting critical thinking to the test, the camp also has students brainstorm ways drones could be used for good, sketching out their ideas for new and innovative drones and drone uses.
Students: Up to 30
Contact Hours: 12+
- Summer camps
- Classrooms looking for hands-on STEM activities
- After-school programs
- Home school environments
Ready, Set, Drone! Camp comes with all the supplies needed for 12 days of activities:
- Instructor Gudie
- Digital curriculum download
- AA rechargeable batteries – 28
- AA 8-bay battery charger – 1
- BrickLAB set (over 6,000 colored bricks)
- Droneology online course licenses – 50
- Extra LiPo batteries – 18
- Extra propellers – 100
- LiPo battery multi-charger – 3
- LiPo safe storage bag – 1
- Mini Hubsan FPV X4 H107D quadcopters – 5
- Radio controller/FPV monitors – 5
- Storage tubs
One device per student (digital curriculum is compatible with Internet-connected Macs, PC’s, iPads, Android tablets and Chromebooks.) (Not included in kit)
The camp includes 12 “days” of activities, each designed to last about one hour. Use one lesson a day, clump them together into larger blocks or break them apart to be worked in one at a time throughout the course of a school year.
- Essential Drone Knowledge
- Flight Safety
- Basic Piloting Skills
- Drone Rules & Ethics
- Drones and the Future
The curriculum includes quizzes to test student’s drone knowledge, and flight challenges to test their piloting skills.
We’re here to help:
Contact us: Hello@WomenAndDrones.com
- Professional development webinar training available
- Questions or for additional information
- Schedule a speaker for your event
Standards & Alignment
ISTE Standards for Students
ISTE 1d Students understand the fundamental concepts of technology operations, demonstrate the ability to choose, use and troubleshoot current technologies and are able to transfer their knowledge to explore emerging technologies.
ISTE 2b Students engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices.
ISTE 7c Students contribute constructively to project teams, assuming various roles and responsibilities to work effectively towards a common goal.
Next Generation Science Standards
NGSS 5-PS2-1 Support an argument that the gravitational force exerted by Earth on objects is directed down.
Common Core State Standards for Math
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.SP.B.5.C Summarize numerical data sets in relation to their context, such as by giving quantitative measures of center (median and/or mean) and variability (interquartile range and/or mean absolute deviation), as well as describing any overall pattern and any striking deviations from the overall pattern with reference to the context in which the data were gathered.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.EE.A.2 Write, read, and evaluate expressions in which letters stand for numbers.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.RP.A.3 Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve real-world and mathematical problems, e.g., by reasoning about tables of equivalent ratios, tape diagrams, double number line diagrams, or equations.
21st Century Skills
- Communication and Collaboration
- Creativity and Innovation
- Information, Media and Technology Literacy
- Initiative and Self-Direction
- Leadership and Responsibility
- Productivity and Accountability
Habits of Mind
- Creating, Imagining, Innovating
- Listening with Understanding and Empathy
- Managing Impulsivity
- Remaining Open to Continuous Learning
- Taking Responsible Risks
- Thinking Interdependently