Drone education workshop for teachers!
Women And Drones is teaming up with Utah State University’s (USU) ROAVcopters and Deseret UAS to provide a 1-day (7 hour) class that gives teachers the necessary skills to integrate drones into their elementary, middle, and high school classrooms.
Enrollment in “Drones In The Classroom” is open to all teachers from all states.
Register for the training on either
Tuesday, July 16th OR Wednesday, July 17th
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
156 E 2000 N Suite 110
Tooele, UT 84074
Participants have the option of bringing their own drone or purchasing a Tello EDU micro drone through Deseret UAS. You can also order the Tello EDU directly from DJI using this link: Drones In The Classroom
- To understand how drones are changing the world
- To learn about careers in the UAS industry
- To gain clear understanding of considerations in buying drones for the classroom
- To gain familiarity with a number of different uses for drones within today’s society
- To learn how drones can be used within a classroom setting to achieve a range of learning goals and problem-solving skills
- To understand the national safety regulations of drone operations and to be able to confidently conduct safety checks on the equipment and learning space
- To learn how to operate a micro-drone
- Participating in ROAVCopters STEM drone tournaments
Participants of this unique training opportunity may be eligible for Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits.
Share with friends