We’re pleased to share the second annual Spring Training event, hosted by Women & Drones partner Girls Who Chase.
Spring Training (pun intended), delivered in partnership with the leading meteorology education organization, COMET MetEd, offers foundational & in-depth training for storm chasers, all ages & genders, at ALL levels.
DETAILS & TO REGISTER: www.girlswhochase.com/springtraining
Whether you’re brand new or just need to brush up, this virtual & accessible event offers something useful. Just like in baseball, we gather every spring to refresh our skills, and get ready to hit a home run. This this is an opportunity to learn from chasing veterans in-depth, in addition to offering interactive opportunities to ask questions and chat with experts.
We were thrilled to welcome many of you last year, and we know the forecasting part might have been kind of overwhelming for folks not coming from the weather side. We’ve retooled a little bit, and now the various presentations are listed by skill level, which will hopefully help a bit. We are also doing a segment on positioning, which I know was requested in the feedback!
Our 2024 event will focus in the following areas (topic & knowledge level):
- Understanding & using storm structure to chase successfully (entry-level)
- How to read radar for storm chasers (entry-level)
- Positioning for safe & successful chasing (entry-level)
- Safely responding to a natural disaster (entry-level)
- Putting our learnings together: Chase case study (entry-level/intermediate)
- Chasing the monsoon & lightning photography 101 (specialty/photography)
- All about soundings & hodographs (intermediate/technical)
The event also includes two all-female panels in meteorology and storm chasing, offering opportunities to chat with experts in/from:
- Storm chasers in the U.S., Canada and Australia
- S. Storm Prediction Center/National Weather Service
- Academia/research in meteorology
- Broadcast meteorology
- Meteorology education
If you can’t attend the event in real time, you can still register to access the recordings! All presentations will be made permanently available to registrants.
We hope to see many of you there!